Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Hero

     She is my hero.

     I have a daughter.
     Her name is A.
     She does not carry my blood,
     But she is mine just the same.

     Through abuse and assaults,
     emotional and physical,
     She hurt.  She cut.  She cried.

     She lost her way,
     Traveling in the dark,
     Voices telling her to vanish,
     Losing her faith.
   
     BUT SHE ENDURED.

     Finally, gaining a new family and taking control,
     accepting love, support, compassion
     just because she IS!
     Re-gaining faith.
   
     She is my hero.
   
   
 

4 comments:

  1. Tracy,
    Such good fortune for A to have found her way through the darkness to your loving arms. Lovely poem. ~ Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this poem, and for being A's mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing something so close and wonderful with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this line, "She does not carry my blood, But she is mine just the same." A is so lucky to have found you, but I'll bet you feel pretty lucky to have found her. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete